Use your passion for empowering others – pass on your knowledge and make a difference.
Senior RN is responsible for a team of 4 nurses who primarily cover 7 days per week, 8am to 4.30pm.
This is a key professional and operational leadership role where you will be responsible for leading the daily performance and culture of service excellence throughout every aspect of your team. It combines exceptional coaching and mentoring with clarity of expectations, to ensure your team delivers upon the key performance indicators and the nursing regulatory codes of practice.
This role involves working across managerial and clinical tasks as and when required. The Lead RN will report to the Clinical Manager, and also work closely with our Quality Manager and Facility Managers to ensure a cohesive approach to ensure our residents and families receive the best outcome for the duration of their time in our care. Our RN’s work a rotation on-call system for after-hour care. The Lead RN will also be prepared to be on-call in order to connect with and provide back-up advice to their team members. Lastly it is important that you stimulate nursing innovation and identify and implement opportunities for improving quality outcomes for our residents and their families.
Proven leadership experience is essential, with the ability to influence and motivate others in a positive and constructive way. We are seeking someone who will work effectively with people from a wide range of different cultures, and who always uses sound judgement to communicate and resolve issues effectively.
To carry out this role effectively, you’ll need:
- To be a Registered Nurse with a current practicing certificate with a minimum of 2 years in an aged care and dementia setting.
- Previous management experience, ideally providing leadership to a team of registered nurses.
Your Personal attributes
- Confidently able to hold appropriate coaching, behaviour and performance conversations with team members.
- Able to navigate, support, follow and lead change management initiatives
- Confident with technology
- Proven ability to lead process and service delivery improvement
If the idea of a role where you can positively impact the lives and well-being of your team and our residents, then we would love to hear from you.