We offer 40 bedrooms, most with ensuites, two dining rooms and two lounges. Residents enjoy a sunny internal courtyard, and beautifully landscaped grounds that surround the accommodations. Somerfield allows maximum freedom of movement in a modern, safe and secure environment.
Staff are qualified and competent with a special interest in working with people with dementia. They work to ensure residents are able to maintain their dignity and independence while receiving the level of care appropriate to their needs. Our registered nurse plans, implements and evaluates each residents care in conjunction with the family and carers.
The individual interests of residents are catered to by their tailored activity programmes. Regular activities and outings ranging from visiting entertainers, sing-a-longs, library book exchange, happy hour, indoor games, shopping trips (close to Barrington Mall and Park) feature regularly.
Features of Somerfield Rest Home
- Following a complete refurbishment, Somerfield now boasts 39 bedrooms, most with new ensuites, new kitchen, dining rooms and lounges. Outside, the grounds have been transformed with new fencing and attractive landscaping including a sunny internal courtyard.
- At Somerfield we have a commitment to providing a level of care and support which, as near as possible, maintains the environment of family care that the resident has left behind.
- Man Shed, Somerfield’s own workshop situated in the courtyard.
Facilities and Services of Somerfield Rest Home
- Dedicated Facility Manager
- Registered Nurse
- 24 hour nursing care
- Regular scheduled medical care
- On-call Doctors
- Nutritious home style meals
- Special diets catered for
- Single ensuite rooms
- Respite care
- Podiatrist services as required
- Recreation and activities programme
- Golden Healthcare Group van outings
- Hairdressing onsite weekly
Contact137 Barrington Street, Somerfield, Christchurch
Phone 03 332 5897, Fax 03 337 2062
Please contact us if you have any questions about vacancies or enquiries.